How to Make Money with a Blog
Do you want to start a blog and make money it?
Of course, you want so, because everyone wants and needs to make money. You have taken a good decision. Blogging is fun. If you do it with passion you can enjoy your blog journey very much. It is more exciting because you also make money with a Blog. Starting a blog is not anymore a difficult job today. You can easily start a blog and can make money with it. You can do blogging as a part-time job and can also do it as a full-time job. There is not an exact amount of money that you can make with a blog because it totally depends on your blog traffic, readers’ interest and content you upload.
So you started a blog since you’ve heard it’s an easy way to make money, but you’re not quite sure how to actually make money with a Blog. Blogging is not a get rich quick deal, but if you do it right, you can make enough to support your needs.
There are too many ways to make money from a new blog or from your existing blog. Let’s jump in and see how you can make money with your blog.
1. Monetize your blog with Ads:
One of the most common way bloggers makes money is through displaying ads on their site. There are two popular types of displaying ads on your blog:
- CPC or PPC Ads: CPC (cost per click) or PPC (pay per click) ads are usually banners that you show in your content or in sidebars. Each time when a reader clicks on the ad, you are paid for that click. The click-through rate is defined by the owner of the ad. CPC/PPC is the best-appreciated way because it also works if you low traffic at your blog.
- CPM Ads: CPM (cost per 1,000 impressions) Ads are ads that pay you a fixed amount of money based on how many have been made from those ads. CPM is only effective if you have a large amount of traffic on your blog.
Google AdSense is one of the most popular networks for placing these types of ads. If you are using WordPress.com, then it has its own CPM ads that pay a fixed amount of money for your displayed ads. You do not need to be in direct contact with advertisers; you simply place the banner on your site, and your viewers click on the ads, and the revenue is generated. If you find that AdSense doesn’t work for you, there are numerous other programs available such as Chitika, Infolinks, and Media.net.
2. Private Ads:
You can also generate income by selling private ads. If you succeeded to get enough traffic on your blog, advertisers may come directly to you and request you to place their ad on your site. You can also contact advertisers. The main difference from the above mentioned option is that you can set your own ad rates. Selling private ads can be in the form of buttons, links, or banners.
3. Affiliate Marketing:
Affiliate Marketing is another way to make money with your blog. Affiliate marketing is also a powerful tool to monetize your blog. Here is how Affiliate Marketing works.
- In Affiliate Marketing an advertiser wants to sell his product through your blog. He agrees to give you a commission from each sale if the client is coming from your blog.
- In Affiliate Marketing advertiser provides you an affiliate link through which he could recognize that the buyer is coming from your blog.
- You include your affiliate link on your site either directly in the content or through banner ads. When a reader clicks on your unique link and buys the product you have recommended, you can earn a commission against that purchase.
So, you can utilize Affiliate Marketing through ad networks like Amazon affiliate marketing, or you can create private partnerships with advertisers with an affiliate program.
4. Content Marketing:
You can also use your blog as a content marketing tool for your business. You can sell your own product or household item with your blog.
Let’s say, for example, you purchased a car and want to sell it after some period of time. You can write your own review for your car including all its specifications and behaviors and post it on your blog. If any of your readers interested in your car he/she will directly interact with you and can purchase it from you.
5. Sell Digital Products:
You can also sell your own digital products through your blog. In these digital products there could be:
- Online workshops
- Online courses
- Images, video, or music
- Apps, plugins, or themes
However, keep your readers’ interest first in mind. Develop a product of their interest. Some bloggers at the initial stage make a mistake and assume that they are developing a product of their readers’ interest, which not handy; first, collect reviews from your readers, and then create a digital product that could fulfill their requirements.
6. Sell Membership:
Another alternative to making money is to offer enrollments to selective corners of your site. For example, a professional blog may charge $50 per month for clients to access their activity board. A fresh blog may offer enrollments to their community where individuals can get customized refrain about their business.
The key point here is that your selective enrollment must be more important than something your readers can discover with the expectation of complimentary elsewhere, so be certain you’re creating something of significant worth.
7. Build Your Credibility:
You can also build your own credibility with your blog. If you’re good at your niche and creating impressions on your readers, they can directly contact you to write for them or help them manage their business in different ways. But it is only possible if you’re producing quality content and are working honestly at your own blog. Your readers judge you from each angle you present yourself.
Along with earning money from a blog you can also learn a lot by exploring different blogs in your niche. You can be more socially strong than ever if you have a positive interaction with your fellow bloggers. Blogging just required a good and common niche that everyone looks to be interested in reading it and good content that depends on your experience and level of creativity. It totally depends on, how you can attract the audience to your blog and engage them with your content and interaction. Here’s a way to start a blog.
However, you should keep in mind that:
1. Always write quality content. People can only be interacted and engaged if your content is outstanding otherwise they will leave your blog.
2. Second only writing content and publishing that will not be enough for you. You have to find alternate ways to invite readers to your blogs such as social media platforms and other blogging platforms. Make sure that some of your time is spent on such forums and other blogs to build relationships between your blog and readers.
What is your best way to make money with your blog?