How to use Pinterest for Business and Blogs
Pinterest is an American image and video-sharing social media platform designed to enable the saving and discovery of information on the WWW (World Wide Web) using images, GIFs, and videos on boards in the form of pins. It was launched in January 2010 by Ben Silbermann, Paul Sciarra, and Evan Sharp, and now has 1,600 employees. You can discover food recipes, home ideas, style inspiration, and other ideas from Pinterest.
Pinterest has become so much popular among all types of people specifically blog owners and business owners. It is also very popular among Digital marketers and social media marketers and has become a great source of generating traffic to their sites and earning a good amount of income. It is one of the most powerful tools for Shopify store owners because they generate an enormous amount of traffic towards their store and sell their products.
While a Pinterest image size of 735 * 1102 pixels is considered an ideal size there’s a lot of flexibility. It says 1000 x 1500 pixels is optimal or any 2:3 aspect ratio. But Pinterest will display anything down to a width of 238 pixels with a suitably scaled height, which allows for longer images to be pinned and posted.
The Secret Formula for more pins and repins on Pinterest:
Those who have already jumped on the Pinterest train know that one of the main indicators of success on this social network is repinning. With the intention of helping brands improve their presence on the fashion social network, Dan Zarrella and HubSpot have created an infographic with tips for getting pins and repins on Pinterest.
According to the infographic, photos with descriptions of around 20 characters are the ones with the most options to achieve repins on Pinterest.
Likewise, images related to food and design are the ones with the most viral potential on this social network.
On Pinterest, the number of clicks on the “like” button influences pins and repins more than the number of comments associated with the image.
On the other hand, the virality of photos on Pinterest has a lot to do with the image format. In this way, vertical images have a better chance of getting repins than horizontal ones.
Here, are five things you need to know to succeed on Pinterest either for your Blog or for a Business.
1. Create a Pinterest Account:
First, you need to create an account on Pinterest. It’s easy to create an account on Pinterest and it’s absolutely free. Anyone can easily create his/her Pinterest account. If you already have a Pinterest account, convert it into a business account.
A Pinterest business account is more valid and trusted and is highly recommended for a blog and business. Use a profile name and add a description with keywords. Create boards according to your blog or business requirements.
2. Verify your Blog with Pinterest:
Verify your blog, website, or domain on Pinterest, and it’s easy. You can easily verify your domain and as a result, your account will be considered a trusted account.
- Enable Rich Pins that can engage the audience.
- Add the Pinterest button to your website and provide a link to your Pinterest account.
- Create Pinnable images for your blog or products, so that they can easily be shared on Pinterest boards.
Also, if you have a photography blog, your followers can easily share your blog images to their own accounts and as a result, you will get more traffic from Pinterest.
3. Schedule Pinterest Pins:
Pinterest boards are now easier than ever to organize and add pins. Create a pinning schedule for your blog images. Post at least 5 to 10 pins to your account daily to get higher traffic. Create valid pins and the right content for your audience. Then pin your content as well as others to increase your rankings and get a higher impression rate.
You can also upload pins and schedule them to be published later on according to the schedule. One of the most effective ways is to join other Boards and groups on Pinterest.
If your account is new and you do not have too many followers, join other groups and boards related to your niche. Share your best-created pins to their boards and in response, you can get good traffic from them.
You can join other boards by commenting and requesting the owner through their pins, or you can directly send a request to join the board. Try this and you will get access to many boards depending on the owners’ will.
4. Track Your Progress:
You can progress by using Analytics. It is simple and has made everything so easy that anybody can understand it once visited and a little study. Pinterest’s analytics will show you your top raking pins. Also, you can check every pin impression just by clicking on the Pins tab from the menu.
You can also track your progress from Tailwind Analytics, Google Analytics, and WordPress Analytics. All these analytical engines will show you all the traffic to your blog and also the result of how the audience coming from different platforms is reacting to your content.
One other thing you should keep in mind is that you must stay calm and patient during the entire process. While you may start to see some results right away the best results will happen over time. Pinterest isn’t magic but constant efforts. It just seems like it once your content starts bringing in traffic. Consistency can help your content get viral anytime.
Don’t be upset with your progress if you have just created your account because the end results will be very fruitful and you can get much more traffic. My traffic is increasing day by day as my account is turning into a more trusted account.
You might also be interested in 17 Major Mistakes to Avoid as a Blogger.
How to get discovered by Google using Pinterest?
Pinterest is beneficial in many different ways. It will not only give traffic to your site itself but will also help your blog/website to be discovered on Google. The more Pinterest visits you will get for a Blog post the more you will be discovered by Google.
Here are the 15 tips to get success on Google via using your Pinterest business account in the best way.
- Create boards with specific themes: “It is about creating boards that are useful resources, using some keywords that you already use in your SEO strategy.”
- Promote your account on other platforms: “Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. Consider launching a Pinterest contest and write a post about it on your blog.”
- Avoid images with faces: “Photos without human faces are shared 23% more than those in which they do appear.”
- Create engagement: “Follow the users that you would like to follow. Use likes and comments”.
- Use colors selectively: “Images in which the dominant colors are red, pink, and dark green are shared three times more than others.”
- Try creating a dashboard with user pins: “You will open up your marketing to a whole new world of valuable content that engages your fans.”
- Promote your blog content: “Use Pinterest-appropriate photos in your blog posts. By pinning them, you will generate traffic towards them”.
- Show your satisfied customers: “Encourage them to send you photos or photographs at your next event, while they use your product.”
- Add the Pin it button on your website
- Run a contest: “Ask users to create their own dashboards showing what they like about your brand or product. And they will like you more when you tell them that the best board will get a prize”.
- Add links in the descriptions of the pins, to generate traffic to your main site.
- Boost your Pinterest SEO by using unique and eye-catching content.
- Create a video gallery of your products, and services, and also with related content, to capture the attention of your audience.
- Use hashtags for the best SEO results.
- Show offline events: “Create a board with the best photos and videos of your events, to generate noise for the next one.”
- Embed posts on your site to get more clicks from Pinterest.
- Pinterest is a Search Engine, so use it as a search engine and adopt a proper SEO strategy.
- Never miss adding descriptions to all your Pinterest Boards and Pins.
- Support people you are following by liking their content and adding comments.
- Use different fonts and colors for pins so that it will attract more users to your profile.
10 mistakes people make on Pinterest and they didn’t know:
In all social networks, there is a tendency to always make the same mistakes. And the worst thing is that we do not realize it.
Does It Really Work if You Buy Pinterest Followers?
If your brand is on Pinterest, which has already exceeded 100 million active users according to Thirteen Bits, keep in mind that you should not make the following mistakes:
1. Not having an established publishing plan: It is very common to see a company that has an account on Pinterest and uploads a photo from time to time. This is insufficient! First of all, we must have set a goal in advance, that we want to achieve through Pinterest. This objective must be in the strategy that your brand is going to follow on Pinterest and defined in the actions that we are going to carry out on this social network. If you are not active in this brand and with a why and how, you will not be gaining anything at all, on the contrary, you will lose time.
2. Do not interact: It is also important to exchange opinions with those who comment on your pins, never leave a comment unanswered. In the same way, comment on other pins, even from the competition.
3. Make no mentions: You can mention other users of this social network in the description of your pins. In this way, you have more possibilities to connect with other bloggers and influencers and increase the chances of interaction with your brand.
4. You do not have a company profile: You are using your personal profile to promote your brand. In this case, it is better that you convert it into a company profile since in this way you will obtain very valuable information such as analytics, promoted or enriched pins, other statistics, etc. When migrating your profile you will not have any problem since you will keep your followers, pins, boards, etc. It’s very easy, look at the Pinterest page.
5. You don’t optimize Pinterest for SEO: Your brand should be easily found, the same as your boards, so you should use relevant keywords, and in the ‘about me’ section describe your company’s activity in a summarized way and with the relevant keywords. Also, describe each of your pins and give the photo a relevant name using hyphens.
6. You do not redirect your pins to your website: This silly bug is very common. It is much better that you upload the image from your own website and not manually from the desktop of your computer.
7. You don’t check if the links are correct or not: Of course, it is a good idea to repin other people’s content, but you should always check that the links are correct.
8. You only publish your own products: It is important to publish your own content, and the more original the better, but it is also important to publish content from others. It is not only convenient for you, as a company, to re-paint images of other brands but also of other sectors since the important thing is that it has to do with the personality of the brand. All this will give more personality to the brand itself for users.
9. You use too many hashtags: It is not appropriate to fill your pins with hashtags. The appropriate amount for each pin is two hashtags, three the maximum.
10. Proper measures: Most Pinterest users don’t use proper measures. The idea is to upload images of 735 pixels since that is the total width of an image on Pinterest.
How much Pinterest is helpful for your Blog?
You might also be interested in: