In today’s digital social world, Social Media doesn’t need any clarification. Social media and the internet have connected the world globally. In this century youngsters, kids, and oldies are busy with internet surfing and spend a lot of their time on social media.
Social media has connected friends and families together. Apparently, it looks very attractive to be in touch with all the new updates around the world, make friends from different communities, and seek so many opportunities from social media. We will discuss today the advantages and disadvantages of social media.
Advantages of social media:
Good business opportunity: A major advantage of social media is you have a large number of audiences that can like your product through social media. Millions of people around the world are using social media platforms to run their businesses successfully.
There are different social media sites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap Chat,, etc. These platforms have so many followers, so if you want to introduce your business you can easily get help from these platforms by posting your business details and requirements. Like if you want to open a coffee shop or any fast food restaurant, you can easily reach a number of local audiences there through social media.
Work as a Freelancer:
Freelancing is trending nowadays. Those who are unable to do a full-time job, prefer freelancing. Freelancing is the best source to sell your services online and from home. Freelancing has no boundaries of time, you can work whenever, wherever, and whatever you want to do, depending on your skills and interests. You can earn a handsome amount from freelancing in so many ways. You can publish your own content on different sites and you can easily get work from different clients. It is the best opportunity for earning.
Benefits for Students:
Students can create different groups on social media, to share information regarding their studies and assignments. Social media has created awareness in students and has opened so many doors of learning opportunities for students. In fact, it is a great source of interacting with each other within a limited amount of time.
Some of the other advantages of using social media services are:
- Updated information around the world.
- You have a different audience to discuss your ideas with.
- You can keep yourself in touch with your friends and family members who are living abroad or out of the city.
- One can follow favorite celebrities and even talk to them through social media sites.
- You can share your own creations like music, articles, books, and art, to let the world know about your creativity.
- You can easily make your time valuable by involving yourself in good activities.
Disadvantages of Social Media
Along with a lot of advantages, everything has a dark side too. While there are a lot of benefits to social media, there are some disadvantages too. Sometimes it looks curse when people misuse social media platforms. Social media has badly doomed today’s generation, where they can get so many benefits, that they are misusing these social platforms in so many ways.
Lack of Family Interaction:
The main disadvantage of social media is social isolation. The time when all family members sit and spend their quality time. The young generation prefers social media sites to spend their time with. This has reduced the strong bond between the families. Everyone looks busy by doing nothing. Moreover, there is no knowledge of wisdom and history to share with each other and with younger generations.
Lack of emotional attachment:
You might have thousands of friends on social media, but you haven’t had any emotional attachment with them. Lack of emotional attachment leads to weaker relationships. Also sometimes where we share our emotions, it has no value to the person we are sharing.
Social media has some other disadvantages listed below. In my opinion, we need to read more and more about the negative effects of social media.
- Cyberbullying is one of the main disadvantages of social media.
- Harassment through different ways by leaking your personal information like images & videos, could disclose you in front of the entire Internet and can create hurdles and can wash your respect.
- It is a complete homicide of time for our younger generation. Whenever we start using social sites, we lose control of time and become unacquainted with the flow of time.
- Hacking is also a big disadvantage of using social media. Anyone can hack your personal account and information by applying simple techniques.
- Lack of interest in real-life studies is also a major problem for both the older and younger generations.
- It is a source of spreading counterfeit information. Any fake news becomes viral without investigating of real or fake.
- Millions of thousands of fake IDs exist on each social media platform. You have a lot of friends but you don’t even know their real name and other info. This is a major drawback of using social media.
Conclusion of Social Media Advantages Disadvantages:
Here I would like to suggest that we should limit our use of social media. We can do it because I believe, Everything is Possible. However, Social Media Advantages and Disadvantages are not negotiable. We should send and accept friend requests to the people, personally known to us. Moreover, never ever share any of your personnel passwords and sensitive information with anybody. Try to investigate the reality of any news before liking and sharing. Try not to share any personnel information (which you want to keep it secure), in order to stay protected over the Internet. There are so many more things that you can find on social platforms, but your mission should be to stay safe and keep your friends and family protected.
Don’t stop yourself from sharing your experience of social media?
You may also like: